Sonoma County's Premier Artisan Tamales. Always made with whole grain corn; never industrialized, packaged Masa harina.
From the Núñez Family Tradition of Tamales, nixtamalizing their own corn for Sonoma County and beyond since 1974. The old world artisan tradition of cooking and grinding corn using Nixtamalization has not ended in this family, which is a true rarity these days. Recipes have been verbally passed down 5 traceable generations. Stepping up the tamale game with organic Non-GMO certified corn, pasture raised meat, and gluten free options.
Masa made with organic, non-gmo certified corn and fat rendered from local, pasture raised heritage pork (from Takeonoko Farms in Windsor, CA). Filled with choice of:
- Pasture raised pork, and traditional red sauce made from organic chilis
- Locally sourced "Rocky" Chicken, and traditional red sauce made from organic chilis
- Jalapeños, Cheese, and traditional red sauce made from organic chiliS
- GLUTEN FREE Spinach and Cheese
- not vegetarian, pork renderings used in masa